Thursday, March 3, 2011

Smoking Stogies, Adventures With Caroline and Jen, & Crazy Jordanians

[ Fig. 1: My fancy photoshop blending/layering skills. ]

Every Tuesday I hang out with my friend Caroline and my sister Yenny. Mayhem inevitably ensues. And by mayhem I mean happy hour assaults, chick-flick-a-thons, mall-trolling - and this week - smoking stogies at our neighborhood gazebo (a.k.a our secret hideout which is now not so secret). Batman and Robin have the Bat Cave, The Babysitters Club had Maryanne's bedroom, Bart Simpson and Milhouse Van Houten have the tree house, and we have the gazebo. The gazebo has a great view of the man made lake. If you blur your eyes it's almost like you're in Venice. I said almost. The only problem is it's flanked by grass riddled with duck poop. Minor setback. 

After a successful trip to the Cheesecake Factory (where we caught the tail end of the Lakers win over the Timberwolves), we hit up H&M (oh how I love that store) and then it was off to our secret lair. I had recently come into possession of some cheap stogies that had to be smoked. How? The strange Jordanian I work with. This guy is such an interesting specimen, and a little weird. A couple of years ago he got in a car accident that put him in a coma. He woke up a year later to find that the wife he had been matched up with by his parents back in Jordan left him while he was in the coma. Gnarly, right!? Despite having been put in a coma from reckless driving the guy still drives "like a bat outta' hell" (cue Meatloaf). He also insists on giving my sister and I presents everyday, most of which are either his ex-wife's old possessions (awkward) or items from his brothers Kwik-E Mart (talk about a stereotype filler, eh?). This is where the stogies came in. He gave me a pack the other day. This was the first gift that I readily accepted. Below are some fun and sort of trippy shots of us getting our Clint-Eastwood-via-The-Good-The-Bad-The-Ugly on [see Fig. 2].

[ Fig. 2: Clint Eastwood as The Man With No Name. ]

Most of the photo creds go to my sis. Except the ones she's in. Obviously. I got creative after being inspired by Tamara Lichtenstein's photos and had some photoshop fun with my photo. It turned out pretty rad if I do say so. [See Fig. 1.]


[ Jennifer Hood ]

[ My lovely friend, Caroline Landon. ]


[ Me and Care-Bear. ]


[ And again. ]


[ Caroline giving that come hither stare. ]


[ Taking  a good toke to try and get an artsy smoke photo. ]


[ It only sort of worked. ]


[ Caroline Landon ]


[ Caroline, Yenny and ghost. ]


[ Jen hilariously pointed out to me that this looks like the cover to that horrible movie with Ben Affleck and Sandra Bullock. See Figure 3.]

[ Figure 3: Forces of Nature Cover. ]

Cheers,
Amy
Listening to: New York Dolls' "Personality Crisis"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails