[ Quickie poster in dedication to ole' George Jones in his famous rose colored glasses. ]
I did this poster the same way I did my John Wayne illustration. Used the pen tool to draw shapes that eventually made a face that sort of looked like George's. This one didn't turn out AS cool, but it was a fun little project to get the creative juices flowing. No one had a country twang quite like George. Boy did he sing a good honky tonk love song.
POP CULTURE LESSON FOR THE DAY: George Jones
My friend, Andrew Peterson, lived down the street from George and his lovely, and ever-faithful, wife Tammy Wynette for a while in Nashville, TN. He said that one time when Tammy took the keys away from George so he couldn't drive to get more beer (George was ALWAYS on drank - he famously missed 50 concerts because of it and was thus dubbed "No Show Jones"), he saw George riding his riding lawn mower down their street to the local liquor store. Soooo classic. Some other fun facts:
- George has a dog food and sausage with his name on it.
- He has a daughter named Georgette. (Now that's just cruel.)
- He's a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame
- He partied like a rockstar: Demolished hotel rooms (with the likes of Johnny Cash), unpaid bills, drunken antics, he even smashed guitars on stage. It was probably the cocaine or the bourbon, or both.
- He owned a bar called "Nashville's Possum Holler". Man I wish that were still around.
- He owned his own theme park called "Jones Country". Talk about frivolous spending. Your own theme park?
Listening to: George Jones' "He Stopped Loving Her Today"