Friday, December 24, 2010

Pink Floyd, Flying Pig Illustrations, And TourBusLive.com



Yet another box doodle to add to Jill and Gary of TourBusLive.com's collection. My twin sis, Jen, and I always draw doodles on their magazine boxes because they are our favorite entertainment writers at The OC Gazette. Nevermind that they're our only entertainment writers, even if there were 100 more they'd still be my favorite. 




[ Pink Floyd back in the day. ]


They just recently covered Roger Water's resurrection of The Wall tour. When I say covered, I mean they went to ALL FOUR NIGHTS. I would have killed to go to one, but they went to all four AND sat front row. Lucky dogs. So, this month's box is graced with the shadowy silhouette of "Algie" the Pink Floyd pig. 


[ Pink Floyd's Animals Cover. ]


The original pig concept was drawn up by Waters himself in preparation/planning for the Animals album cover which would feature a giant helium filled pig balloon. During the photo-shoot the giant helium pig got loose causing cancelled flights at Heathrow Airport as it floated and bumbled in between flight patterns at 40,000 feet in the air. The pig then moved on to tour the English Channel before landing on a farm in Kent that night. I wish I could have seen that sight. The pig became a staple prop in Pink Floyd's live shows after that.  And that's your rock n' roll history for the day. I hope I remembered the story right so that I don't have angry Pink Floyd fanatics leaving hate comments on this post. Be kind Floydian fanatics.


- Amy
Listening to: Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here"


1 comment:

  1. that doodle... really Michelangelo would be jealous ;) its really cute :)

    www.ankita-feels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails