Thursday, March 31, 2011

Box Doodles, Social Distortion Tunes, & Why I Wish Mike Ness Was My BFF


It's that time of the month again. The time for box doodles. This month our entertainment writers Jill & Gary of TourBusLive.com covered Social Distortion (YEAH!). I have a special spot in my heart for these wrinkly old, tatted up, grease monkeys. Especially Mr. Mike Ness. Nothing makes me happier (or want to get in a bar fight more) than when a Social D song comes on my radio or iPod. He seems like one of those guys who has lived a million lives. He's the guy you want to sit next to at the bar because you know he's got some stories to tell (he'll be drinking the tonic water of course because he's off the sauce these days). He's the guy you want on your side in a bar fight. He's the guy you want sitting next to you in the drivers seat of a '36 Ford as you fly down Coast Highway listening to "Highway 101." He's the guy you want telling you how to buzz a proper mohawk. He's the guy you want as your BFF.

- Amy
Listening to: Social Distortion's "Story of My Life"

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails