Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Design Work, Art Competitions, & John Wayne

[ "Why We Love OC" Feature. Click to enlarge. ©Amy Hood ]

Here's a layout/special feature I did for the February issue of The OC Gazette. It's our annual "Why We Love OC" feature where we ask OC's finest why they love this great county we live in. It's always a lot of fun to layout, but gathering all the quotes and keeping the participants fresh is A LOT of work. Which reminds me of some other exciting news. I'll be interviewing John Wayne's widow for a piece we are doing on the American legend. It's going to chronicle life was like with "The Duke" from the eyes of one of the people who was closest to him. I think it is going to be very interesting. 

HELP A GIRL OUT!
Also, I entered a really cool looking art competition with a pretty hefty prize. Winner get's their own exhibit and $10k! It's called "A Year In Review" and it's being put on by Artists Wanted. Check out my profile here and vote for me! I entered a little late, so I need all the help I can get! http://www.artistswanted.org/amyhood

- Amy
Listening to: Nirvana's "The Man Who Sold The World"

Inspiring me right now: Coco Pitt. Check it out:





2 comments:

  1. oh those Coco Pitt's pictures are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they rad!? She's got a really unique and beautiful style. She's french. Why are all the frenchies so cool?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails