Monday, February 14, 2011

Michael Zavros, Centaurs, & Zebra Rugs

Debaser/Dior, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

INSPIRATION OF THE DAY: Michael Zavros

He paints ruggedly handsome men, animals and opulent interiors. It's some of my favorite things melded into one. Which reminds me that I just bought a zebra rug last night for the big open space in my room/studio. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives! Enjoy these mysteriously beautiful paintings and drawings of Michael Zavros. Check out his website for more. I especially love his series of falling horses and the "Debaser" series. Happy Valentine's Day!

- Amy
Listening to: Roy Orbison's "You Got It"

[ Gucci Black, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

Michael Zavros at work in his studio. ]

Alexander McQueen/Bay, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

Dior Silhouette, Michael Zavros, charcoal on paper ]

Debaser/Gucci, Michael Zavros, charcoal on paper ]

I Love Versailles, Michael Zavros, charcoal on paper ]

 Phoebe Is Dead/McQueen, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

Falling August, Michael Zavros, charcoal on paper ]

Spring Fall 15, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

Double Levade, Michael Zavros, oil on canvas ]

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails