Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Honest Abe's Moley Mug, Sketching All Nighters, & A Steady Diet of Coca Cola


Here's an oldie but goodie. Found this in my giant sketchbook from my college Beginning Drawing class while I was organizing my art corner this week. This was the first assignment we did in class so that the teacher could see where all us chillun' were at skill-wise. As with all college art classes at almost all colleges, this classroom was filled with the most hodgepodge, random group of still life objects to draw from. I have always found humans more interesting than your usual still life subjects (call me crazy, but plastic fruit just doesn't excite me), so I sat in front of a plaster bust of Ole' Honest Abe and got to sketchin'. This was the result - wonderfully long, moley and gaunt. (Perfect opportunity for a TWSS out there in the audience.)

Now it's back to work for me. I'm drawing my friend Neil. It's for use on his album cover for his band Four Years Later. I hope it turns out as cool as we plan. It's taking me a lot longer than I expected, as usual. I always under-time these things. So it looks like it'll be a healthy steady diet of Coca Cola, popcorn, Kit Kats and Red Vines to get me through the night. Ahhhhh... just like my old college days.

- Amy
Listening to: The Avett Brothers' "I And Love And You"

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I always wished I had that kind of talent in drawing! And I admire you for staying up to the wee hours to get your next project done. True dedication. And lastly, that is one of my favorite songs of all time. Such a great pick (or at least I like to think so haha). Now I have to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vida! And isn't it a great song?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails