Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rock Candy Art, Hoodzpah! Taking The Nation By Storm, & Prints Coming Soon


[ © Rock Candy ]


INSPIRATION OF THE DAY:  Rock Candy


Found this rad girl on Flickr. She favorited my constellation tattoo designs (which I am horribly behind on! Pistol or jackolope coming next!) on flickr which led me back to her photostream. How amazing are these illustrations [See more below]? I hope she makes prints soon. I'll be first in line for one. I love the repeating themes of the tattoos, moths, and crystals. Lovely. Makes me want a moth tattoo. My friend/tattoo artist Matt has moths throughout his sleeve, and as much as you'd think moths would be ugly, they can be so lovely as he and Rock Candy have proven.


Speaking of prints - Jen and I are getting some made for Hoodzpah! We've had a few requests for printed posters, and wanting to give the people what they want, we are setting up an etsy shop as we speak! I'll get the first two parts of my constellation tattoo series printed as well as the John Wayne poster for sure, and Jen will be printing a slew of the rad designs she's been coming up with recently. Check out her work here. On top of all of this we are finally getting a website for Hoodzpah! Our friend Allen who is a talented web developer will be on the job and we're excited to see what he comes up with. In the words of David Bowie "Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes." If you want prints, keep checking in - I'll be posting updates about the shop, etc. 


- Amy
Listening to: Nada Surf's "Inside of Love"


[ © Rock Candy ]

[ © Rock Candy ]

[ © Rock Candy ]

[ © Rock Candy ]

[ © Rock Candy ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails