Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Magazine Covers, Dr. Jekyll, and Pancake Asses



Here's some more design for you guys. It's the cover I did for the February issue of The OC Gazette. Another short post. I was going to apologize for my brevity, but now that I'm thinking about it I'm sure that your eardrums (or since this is a blog, your eyeball sockets) are silently heaving a sigh of relief at this new less-chatty, more to the point Amy Hood. I feel your pain. As a designer I spend hours sitting in this chair, my butt slowly but surely deflating into a "pancake ass" (in the words of Dave Chappelle), in front of this bright apple screen as my eye lids deteriorate from soft tissue into something closer to sandpaper.

Anyways, enjoy the brevity while it lasts. Motor-mouth, rambling Amy Hood - the Mr. Hyde to my Dr. Jekyll - will be back soon.

Inspiration of the Day: This post on my favorite blog The Selvedge Yard.
Here's a quote:
"Think anyone is drawing a parallel between you and McQueen because you’re wearing Persols? Just you. Promise– you’re the only one thinking it. Do you see what I’m sayin’? Take back your life. Make it about more worthwhile endeavors, and the style will follow. Style is a great complement to substance– but it sure the hell ain’t a substitute for it. There is no shortcut. Just a long line of wannabes. How you live your life is your brand.
Let the world feel the weight of who you are– they can worry about what you wore when you’re dead." 

- Amy
Listening to: Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You Too Long"

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails