Monday, August 16, 2010

The Beatniks, The Bastards, and The Saints



[Click to enlarge.]


My second post. There's always so much more pressure on sequels and sophomore attempts to perform. I feel pretty sprightly and confident however, I'm listening to a little Social Distortion, munching on some tasty french fries, and about to get to work on my current painting. I've started a new series, I don't have a title set in stone yet, but I'm thinking "The Beatniks, The Bastards, and The Saints," kind of like my own current day version of "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." It's an ode to the fact that in every person there is a redeeming quality. It's dedicated to the ruffians of society. So far all of my muses are tattooed hoodlums. It's quite beautiful. I already have one painting semi-complete except for the final halo, which I will try to finish tonight. Here's a look at it so far. I'll post a progression of my process on the next blog. It's amazing to see it come to life from a blank canvas all the way through.

Amy

Listening to: Social Distortion's "Don't Take Me For Granted" (Quite appropriate for this blog, don't you think?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails